Monday, January 12, 2009

For some reason I have been thinking about Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

WOW… that is heavy stuff right there. I just hope and pray that I stay focused on Jesus and keeping him as the king of kings. It is somewhat frightening that there are people who claim to be Christians walking around that may never see heaven. This set of scripture is so critical to me because I don’t want to be one of the people God looks and says “I never knew you”

Everything we do must always be for His glory. We must strive to please the Lord. I have a desire to make things about me… that is because I have, what is called FLESH. Please pray for me. I want to focus of Jesus and my hope is that he will say a different set of scripture to me that says this Matthew 25:21"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

I pray that I am good and faithful with the small things. Things to think about…

1 comment:

janejanebobane said...

Chris,
it's nice to reconnect with you. I'm a little late on this comment, but I love this entry. So true, and something that often crosses my mind too. It's hard to understand but definately something put there to keep our pride in check. Blessings to you my brother!